It's That Time Again { laundry room edition }

Remember when I said I was daydreaming about how to makeover our laundry room?  Well, after a few months off since our last indoor DIY project, I have regained my enthusiasm for painting and all things creative.  So... I decided to put together a little "vision board" of my ideas to help me bring it all together.  

I am also aiming to do this on an extreme budget, so whatever I can get used (hello, ReStore!) - or super inexpensive - I most definitely will be.  I am hoping that the paint is the only thing that I have to buy, or at least that I have to buy new, but we will see how good I can be at this..

Replace the existing blinds with white wooden blinds...

Paint the cabinets white and spray paint the hardware black...
 via

Add a shelf above the already built-in coat rack. top with wire baskets to wrangle our hats, mittens, scarves, etc.
 

Add a bench below the coat rack (this is a tricky one, but I would like to build my own. scary!)...

Again, this will test my DIY skills, but I would like to build my own wooden "countertop" to go on top of the washer and dryer...

We plan to remove the washer and dryer "lifts" as we don't use the storage underneath anyways, and could really use a hanging space above like this room...

I love this paint color (or something similar)...

Chris also wants to swap the enormous fluorescent light currently in the space for a few recessed lights, which I am totally on board with.  So we shall see what we can actually make happen in our laundry room!

Stay tuned...