When Life Gets Boring

Okay, so this is a place of honesty, and thus, I feel the need to share about the in-between times of life, full disclosure. Typically when the blog gets quiet it is because I feel like I have nothing fun, exciting or insightful to share.  I mean, who wants to hear about the fact that I went to work, endured horrible traffic on the commute home, and spent my evening doing nothing useful?  Not even myself, that's who.

Bear with me, I had a cup of coffee this morning (I rarely drink caffeine!), and feel compelled to share and discuss the more low-key aspects of our week.  However boring they might be.  Are you glued to the screen yet with my "hook?"  

The truth is, although we certainly enjoy our adventures and active lives (so much!), the in-between times are really no different to anyone else's.  And yet, equally as important, right?  Enjoying and appreciating the quiet times is an art form, and one that we shouldn't miss out on.  This is something I hope to get better at.

So, how did our week shake out, you ask?  Okay, maybe that was me asking...  

Sunday, Chris managed to get up snowboarding with some friends for the first time this season.  I am still not cleared for such intense activity, and sadly my boarding days might be over, so I was really glad he found some friends to get up with.  But while he was away, how would I entertain myself?!  


Well, I decided to paint our entire first floor, that's how.  Ha!  I was so tired of the bland, dark beige that was there when we moved into the house last year, that I woke up bright and early ready to start the big project! (Full before and after coming soon!)  I think I painted for 9 hours straight on Sunday, and I was definitely feeling it on Monday morning.  I had to wait for Chris to get home to use the ladder (he didn't give me the nickname, Clumsy Clogs for nothing, my friend...).


The paint is gray, but looks almost white on the color swatch at Home Depot.  When I put it on the walls, it turns out it looks almost blue, which I was ecstatic about!  It really brightens up the back room (kitchen and family room), which is where we spend the most time, so we were pretty stoked about that.  Now if only I can convince Chris to let me paint the kitchen cabinets white...

Anyway, back to our week.  Monday was a holiday so we decided to head outside for a walk and lunch at a new restaurant.  We were lucky enough to have a beautiful week of warm sunshine (Sunday was over 70 degrees!), so it was really nice to get outdoors.  I also spent some time refinishing a beautiful china hutch that we got on craigslist for $50 (a steal!).  It will go in the front room, and I am SUPER excited to see how it turns out! (before and after coming soon...)

Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty low-key, Chris and I have both been busy with work stuff, so we spent some time on our laptops while simultaneously catching up on The Americans (before season 2 starts next week!), and enjoying some tasty vegetarian tacos.  


Thursday, I made a decision to jump back into fitness with gusto.  That's right, I said gusto.  I have been feeling in a bit of a funk lately, about several things really, and I knew the one thing that would help me shake that off was exercise. Although I am still having to be super careful with me knee (it keeps swelling back up), I decided to jump back into Bikram Yoga.  For those of you not familiar, it is yoga in a room that is heated to 105 degrees.  Sounds completely horrible, sweaty and miserable, but I swear to you it works wonders.  Not only do you get an amazing physical workout, but you also experience this incredible feeling of positivity and happiness when you leave that room.  I don't know if it is the detoxifying, or maybe the fact that you turn a little delusional from the heat, but whatever it is... I am hooked on Bikram once again!  


Last night, I literally fell into bed at 9:00pm (this is nothing new, I always go to bed early), and slept like a rock all night.  I am stiff and sore this morning, but I am going back to the yoga studio for more this afternoon.  Call me crazy...

This weekend, Chris surprised me with a little getaway as my birthday present, so I will share stories and photos of our adventures sometime next week.  

In the meantime, have a lovely weekend and take time to smell the roses! Hey, I did...