Steamboat Springs Adventures

Late last week, with a long weekend looming I was feeling a bit desperate to get out of dodge. With all of the kitchen renovations and other daily stresses of life, I decided to surprise Chris with a night away somewhere. There were all of our favorite places to consider, but in the end I decided to take us somewhere new. We love a good explore of a new town so I knew Chris would love the choice just as much as I did.  

We set off early Saturday morning, coffee in hand, for a three hour journey to Steamboat Springs. We only spent one night there, but I have already declared it my new favorite place in Colorado. It is a STUNNING place.



We spent our time hiking, riding the gondola to the top of the mountain, eating good food, exploring around town and all of the lovely little shops downtown. 




The views, the vibe, the people, and the activities all made us fall in love with this beautiful place. We were even planning when we could return for a longer visit while we enjoyed our lunch in the sunshine. The 5.5 mile hike was a fantastic workout, especially for this ol' gal's joints. But I feared that I would pay for it later. Other than extremely sore muscles, my knee didn't swell up any more than it already was. It was a very pleasant surprise and has me already planning when we can take our next mountain hike!



On Sunday we took the long way home to enjoy the scenery, which turned even longer when Chris pulled off onto some dirt roads to explore. It was fun to reawaken our adventurous spirits, we had a really great time exploring yet another part of this beautiful state.

And now, I am excited to see all of the beautiful fall colors emerging in Colorado.