Kitchen Evolution

Last summer during a particularly creative spell, I found myself daydreaming about expanding our kitchen. I had no idea that one year later we would be doing just that.  


While the overall design has evolved, the concept remains the same: knock out a wall, move the formal dining room to the front room and make an enormous kitchen.  It has been just a few short weeks (7, to be exact) and our kitchen is coming along quite nicely.  

Just for fun, here is a little look at it before, after a cabinet paint job, and a few progress photos of our current renovation.  Enjoy!

Here is a look at our old dining room, which will now make up the other half of our kitchen!


And a little sneak peek at the work-in-progress these past few weeks...












Gosh, looking at the photo timeline of this project makes me really appreciate the amount of work we have done in this space. And in such a short amount of time!

The island countertop is being installed this afternoon!  I can hardly wait to get home and see it! Hoping to have the full reveal sometime next week, at which point I will use my actual camera for the photos to balance out all of these iphone photos!