Dining Room: Curtains are Finished!

Okay, so I am not about to pretend that they look professionally made, but I do have to say I am still quite happy with how they turned out.  Being a newbie at this whole DIY thing, next time I would make sure that the fabric doesn't wrinkle super easily (this fabric does, boo!), but other than that they turned out just fine!


Don't mind the mess on the table, and that half of the dining room chairs are missing (they still need to be painted!)  The focus here my friends, is the curtains.  :)

I am not going to pretend that this project went off without a hitch, however.  I was meticulous with ironing and hemming the fabric (face down on the living room carpet), even attaching blackout fabric (fancy, I know! ha!).  When I finished the first panel, I threaded the curtain rod through it, pulled it upright, and realized that I had sewn it upside down!  The anchors were upside down, and just looked silly.  So I gave up on Monday night, vowing never to do a DIY project again.  Dramatic, I know, but I can never seem to get my DIY projects just the way I want them.  Chris was supportive and said that he was sure I could easily fix it another day, and that he thought even upside down, that they really warmed up the room.  And you know what?  He was right.  (Not that I told him so at the time)  So last night as he was out at a networking event for work, I tackled fixing the first panel, and finished the second panel.  And I felt such a sense of accomplishment!

Next dining room project?  The chandelier!  It's hard to tell in this photo, but the finish is a weird burgundy with black splatters.  Can we say dated?!  I have a few ideas rolling around in my imagination for what I want this chandelier to look like when I am finished.  We will see how it turns out!

Oh, and I really need to tackle more of the chairs.  Maybe this weekend?  Chris has to work, so it should be the perfect opportunity... should being the operative word here.  We'll see how motivated and patient I am feeling...