What Happens When I Get Bored

A few days ago, with Chris still knee-deep with work, I wasn't in the mood to watch TV, clean or read.  But I also didn't have the luxury of doing something fun with Chris.  So I began wandering the house, trying to find some sort of inspiration.  I stumbled upon the leftover Christmas lights, and the rest is history, as they say.

I grabbed a long string of multi-colored lights, and thought... 'maybe I could wrap these around the stair railing... that might be fun.'  


It was innocent enough, but then one thing led to another, and pretty soon our entire front room was twinkling with Christmas festivity.




The lesson here?  Hide the remaining Christmas lights from me if you don't want me to find a home for them.  A home where they can shine.

And to be honest, I am feeling the Christmas spirit a bit more now that we have lights up inside!

Oh, and I also found some leftover felt in my office that I turned into this...


I haven't been able to spread quite as much Christmas cheer on my blog as I had hoped, as I have been quite busy.  But I promise to share some Christmas baking fun early next week.

We are finally "warming up" here in Colorado after a week of negative temperatures, and it is very much appreciated after several slow drives in to work on slippery, icy roads.  Hope it isn't too cold wherever you are!