Summer Has Arrived

Wow, I can't believe I have been MIA for almost a month!  I have a good reason for that.  A few good reasons, actually.  First, I had knee surgery.  Which isn't an excuse at all.  What better things did I have to do while laid up recovering?!  Nothing.  I just wasn't feeling very inspired to write a post about how bored out of my mind I was.  Once I was on the mend from surgery, we began some outdoor projects (before and after photos to come over the next few weeks), which have been keeping us pretty busy.  


And all the while, Summer has arrived.  In full force, might I add.  Hello 90 degree weather, which also brings with it the Colorado thunderstorms that are so famous around these parts.  In between recovering from surgery and house projects, we managed to have a night away at a cute little town called Manitou Springs (separate post coming soon, once I sort through all my photos!), have been luck enough to spend some time with friends, and even went to see Hillary Clinton speak.  Never a dull moment around here!

In reminiscing about this time last year, we realized that this will only be our second Summer here in Colorado.  It feels like so much longer that we have lived here.

Our outdoor projects for this Summer involve quite a major transformation.  We are staining our deck (and possibly removing the hot tub!), having some trees removed, installing sod in the back yard, creating a little fire pit area, building a wood "step" pathway through our gravel, and last but certainly not least... we are having our house painted!  Phew!  By the end of the summer, it will surely look like a different house!  

I love being able to enjoy meals outdoors in the warmer months, and Chris is eager to make good use of our grill!

Here are a few in-progress photos of the back deck.  The railing has already been painted white, and we love it!  The rest of the deck is going to be a medium gray.  We are about 90% done at this point, just doing the edges and touching up some places we missed.  After photos coming hopefully by the end of the week, because we are booked to go camping this weekend!  





Lots more before and after photos to come over the next few months, so stay tuned!  I don't know about you, but I am super excited to see the back yard transformed.

The silly thing that I am the most excited about?  We got a bright, colorful outdoor rug to put under our patio set, and I can't wait to see what it looks like on the newly stained deck!  

Happy Monday!