A Twist on Vegetarian Enchiladas

Last weekend, I caught the cooking bug (a bug that had been lacking lately!) and decided to make a tasty dinner for my hubs.  What was on the menu, you ask?  Healthy vegetarian enchiladas!  It was a random, throw-things-together-and-see-how-it-tastes kind of cooking experiment, but they ended up tasting amazing! (I love it when that happens...)


Since there wasn't a specific recipe I was following, I will do my best to do one on the spot for you.

8 - white corn tortillas (I prefer them to flour...)
1 cup - black beans
1 cup - fresh spinach
1/2 cup - tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup - avocado, chopped
1/2 cup - cheese of your choise (I used Tillamook Cheddar)
Medium enchilada sauce (I used sparingly, as I don't like them smothered in sauce.  I put some inside each enchilada and then put a few spoonfuls over the top of the completed dish before I popped it in the oven.)

I pre-cooked my shells so that they wouldn't crack when I rolled up each enchilada.  It worked like a charm!

This is such an easy dish to make, because you really can include any vegetables, etc. that you have on hand.  I might have to make some of this on Thursday night to enjoy while I am recovering from surgery.

Let me know if you make your own version of these enchiladas, or if you try my recipe above!  I hope you enjoy it!