Our Week, in Photos

It was a beautiful weekend here in Denver, with bright blue skies and brilliant sunshine.  So what were we to do?!  We decided to spend the afternoon at a local park that offers great views of the Denver skyline.






It was a really nice change from being indoors, we really enjoyed just lounging in the park.  Chris also managed to get out on a guided snowshoe trip with REI, which he really enjoyed (lucky).

And in true Colorado fashion, this gorgeous weekend was followed by this...



We had about a day and a half of snow, followed by Wednesday which was about 50 degrees, and we are now expecting 5-10 inches tomorrow!  So bizarre, but I honestly wouldn't want it any other way.  It is so nice to have beautiful warm days mixed in with the freezing, snow-covered ones.  Plus, there are lots of fun activities to do on snow-covered days...

Then there was a bit of work that needed to be done on our car this week, so of course I had to snap a few photos.  I'm sure Chris was thrilled...  :)




And the icing on the cake... we had a little return visitor.  Only this time... I caught him on camera - two different nights!



It seems that the neighborhood raccoons enjoy hanging out at our place.  Not sure there is much that can be done to change that, but - if I'm honest - I'm hoping they find a new home soon.


Fuzzy photo, I know, but they were wrestling all over the deck.  It actually startled me at first.  We heard this howling/hissing noise and initially thought it was the wind.  But it quickly became a loud screeching noise, so we opened up the blinds to find this.  Seriously crazy.  I feel like we live in the mountains rather than a populated suburb of Denver...

As my knee has been cleared for low-impact activity, we might have some snowy adventures this weekend. Stay tuned on the blog for more photos of Colorado beauty...

What's the weather like where you are?

Happy Thursday!