The Grind

Okay, let's be real.  No matter how much you love the work you do, there are times where you ask yourself, 'what am I doing?!'.  I mean -- really -- how important can spreadsheets and flyers really be?!  I spent my entire morning today writing copy for a sales flyer that will never see the light of day, and making meaningless changes to an already finalized spreadsheet.  This is definitely not the reason I became an editor.  


Now, don't get me wrong, I realize that every job has aspects of it that are less than desirable, yet require our attention.  But the more time that passes for me, the more I long for freedom and flexibility.  To be freed from the ball and chain that is my office and create my own place in the world of entrepreneurship.  

I think that becoming an entrepreneur takes a great deal of motivation, hard work and faith.  Trust me, I have seen Chris go through this very interesting process and come out successful on the other end.  But it is always an unknown.  You constantly wonder where the next paycheck is coming from and when.  And I get it.  This is what drives the motivation to keep pushing forward: desperation.  So, yes, having a regular 9 to 5 job gives you security in knowing where your next paycheck is coming from, but it also comes at a price of its own.  
I don't know that I have the nerves to handle becoming an entrepreneur, heck I can barely handle Chris being one!  But I have a feeling that at some point in the near future, I will overstay my welcome in the corporate world and run blindly into that unknown, scary world of entrepreneurship.

The things that keep me up at night thinking about that possibility?  How will I pay for my healthcare?  How will I save for retirement?  Is it a smart decision to give up the security of my future just to pursue my passion and live out my dream?  What is freedom really worth, anyway?


Well, safe, follow-the-rules little old me already has a dream of something I want to create and a way to make money at it.  And the best part?  It is something that I can start while I still have the security of my 9-to-5. So that's exactly what I am going to do.  It will take a lot of hard work and effort on my part, but hopefully at some point it will provide the liberation I so desperately seek.  I don't want to share too much right now, and although it might be a long process, I promise to share once it is appropriate for me to do so. I would like to ask for any positive energy you can spare to be sent my way as I embark on this journey towards freedom and the ideal of living out my dream.

End rant.  :)