Main Level Painting Update

A little sneak peak at the painting project, before and after.  I haven't taken the final photos because we still have to put the rooms back together and clean up all of the paint supplies!  But here is a little preview...

BEFORE:

This picture is a bit misleading... since the sun is coming in from the side window, it looks a lot lighter than it really was.  It was a dark, dull beige before.  

AFTER:

I still plan on painting the stair railing white, but to be honest, if I don't see a paintbrush for the next year month, I wouldn't be disappointed...


I am so glad that I didn't have to be the one climbing up this enormous ladder... that wouldn't have ended well, and we all know it..


We realized during our painting adventure, that this little guy needs a good cleaning!  So easily overlooked!  I guess that's next on our plate.  (Just kidding, Chris is actually in the process of re-grouting our guest bathroom floor!  Never a dull moment around our house!)



This little project took a lot more time and effort than I had originally thought it would.  We painted the walls, trim and all of the doors (upstairs, too!) and we are installing new hinges and door knobs on all of the doors! We had a little issue with our paint sprayer, too, which delayed a few things.  So the china hutch is on the back burner until we get the sprayer sorted out.  I hope to have that before and after in the next few weeks!

What do you think of the before and after?  I was nervous about choosing this gray-ish paint color, in case I didn't like it once it was all said and done.  But I really love the way it turned out - just the result we were looking for!