Summer Bucket List Update

As I am doing an okay job of accomplishing things on my Summer Bucket List, I thought I would share my progress with you so far.

I put 24 things on my bucket list, and have currently knocked off the following:

1.  Rafting Trip (post coming SOON!)
2.  Buy a vintage sewing machine (still need to learn how to use it!)
3.  Establish some creative space in our house for my crafts & writing
4.  Pick a project on Pinterest and do it! (Will share the details in a separate post)
5.  Attend a meditation class at Buddhist Center.
6.  Enjoy a romantic dinner for two with Chris on our back deck. (sounds easy, but it is crazy how easily we glaze over this option in the craziness of busy lives.  We did this last night, and it was delightful.  Nevermind that it was not a home-cooked meal, but an Indian "takeaway," as they say in England...)

In addition to those that have been successfully checked off, I have several more in the works!

Soon to be #7 -  I have ordered my rental violin (lucky Chris!), hopefully it isn't completely painful learning. I'm not kidding myself that I will be some superstar violinist anytime soon (or ever!), but it's something that I have said I wanted to try to learn for YEARS now, so really, there's no time like the present.

Soon to be #8 -  Monday I will be checking off another one as I attend a hot yoga class.  I got really into this in the bay area and have fallen off the wagon the past year, so I hope to make it a regular part of my fitness routine again soon.  If you haven't tried it, you definitely should!  Sounds a sweaty, disgusting mess, but I have never gotten such a "high" from exercise as when I have done hot (Bikram) yoga.  It really gets those endorphin's pumping!

Soon to be #9 -  I have started a book club to achieve two results really.  One, I am a total book worm. And proud of it, thankyouverymuch.  And two, I really want to continue to make an effort to make new friends.  Having lived in Colorado for almost a year now, I have made a few friends, and quite frankly feel like I hit the friend jackpot here.  Don't you just love it when you make a new friend and you feel like sparks fly and you are going to be friends forever?  Cheesy, I know, but I have also learned over the last few years how much friendships enrich our lives, so why would I ever stop trying to add to my already amazing group of friends?!  

{ buy it HERE! }
{ our first book club selection, thanks Lindsay for recommending her blog to me! }

Our first book club meeting is TONIGHT!  I am so looking forward to it!

Soon to be #10 - Tomorrow night Chris and I are hoping to go to the drive-in theater.  This was a no-brainer for my bucket list because it brings back fond memories of doing this with my aunt and uncle growing up.  We would sometimes ride in their VW convertible bug and sit up on coolers in the back seat, snuggled up in the best blankets, of course.  I seriously LOVE drive-in theaters.  I only wish there were still more of them around.  Fingers crossed that we make it out tomorrow night!  :)

Another one I am excited about, but currently have no firm plans to do?  Wine tasting!  There is a really cute local winery to us, that offers mellow live music on Fridays and Saturday evenings.  Sounds like the perfect combination to me!

How are y'all doing on your Summer Bucket Lists?  There's still more than a month left of Summer, so you have plenty of time to get those things in that you have been putting on the back burner!  Make yourself a priority this summer!  It's totally worth it.  Even if it means you have 2 weeks worth of laundry and a sink full of dirty dishes.  And, no, I'm not speaking from experience. Purely hypothetical.

Happy (almost) Friday!