Nightmare City

Well, truth be told, the past few weeks have been quite difficult.  Don't worry, I understand that my problems pale in comparison to so many others, and for that I should be (and I am) grateful.  However, it seems as though my fear of pesky eight-legged creatures has been seeping into my subconscious while I sleep.  The result?  Nightmares.  On a nightly basis.  

What does this include?  Me frantically jumping out of bed in the middle of the night, convinced that spiders (any bug, really) are crawling all over me, waking my poor husband in the process.

After a lot of psychoanalyzing, I have come to the conclusion that I am experiencing these nightmares as a result of the change in weather.  In the first six months in our house, we literally had maybe one spider inside.  Ever since the torrential rains and subsequent drop in temperatures, we have had more than 25 spiders in the house.  And that's just in the last few weeks.  

The metaphorical icing on the cake?  A few nights ago, I was laying on the chaise lounger in our family room, watching TV, and a huge spider crawled across my lap.  

I have never jumped so high in. my. life.  

For those of you who don't know me, I require a good night's sleep to function at a normal level.  We are going on a few weeks now with these nightmares,  and it is really cramping my style.  Any tips for shaking this fear and related nightmares?  Because girlfriend is desperate.

Bring 'em on!