♥♥ Anniversary Love ♥♥

This past Saturday marked Chris and I's first wedding anniversary, and I am happy to report that we squeezed every last ounce of love, happiness, and fun out of the day.

I was very introspective Sunday morning, reflecting about what it means to share the rest of your life with someone.  It is such an incredible promise, and it is one that I thoroughly look forward to.  Looking back at the past year, we have crammed so much into such a short amount of time.  We moved states, started new jobs, Chris became self-employed, we bought a house, made some great new friends, celebrated our marriage (THREE TIMES!), and so much more!


I have to admit that I was very touched by how special the day was to Chris.  I often think in generalities with men and these so-called "sappy events," but seeing him just as into celebrating as I was, really made my day.

I was treated to breakfast in bed, followed by a surprise of beautiful flowers.  We exchanged a million, "it's our anniversary!" and "I love yous," and capped off the morning with a relaxing stroll around the lake. 



{ We were treated to an absolutely perfect Fall day. }

In the afternoon, Chris' anniversary gift was a surprise right up until we pulled into the parking lot at SkyVentures (indoor skydiving).  Here's the part where I exclaim (in my head), "does my husband know me or what?!"  He is forever challenging me and pushing me out of my comfort zone (which I gratefully accept), and while it does do just that, by moving through my discomfort, I gain so much confidence and happiness for overcoming things that seem "scary."  I was nervously excited as we walked in, and Chris broke the news that he only booked it for me.  'What?!  It's our anniversary, we have to do it together!'  So we did.  


{ Forgive my ripply cheeks!  That wind is so powerful -- upwards of 100MPH! }

We had a seriously exhilarating time, and left there with a buzz that could give even the strongest coffee a run for its money.  The whole way home, and even through dinner, we kept saying, "that was so awesome! I can't believe we did that!"  Hm... I wonder if real skydiving is in our future...




{ delicious spaghetti squash! we make it at home, but it was the first time I have seen it on a menu out. }

We decided to do something for dinner that we haven't really made much of a priority since moving into our house: exploring the restaurant scene in downtown Denver!  So we looked online to see if there were any tapas restaurants with good reviews.  BINGO!  We had a seriously amazing meal at The 9th Door, and even made a detour on the way home to try the raved-about homemade ice cream in our neighborhood shop.  A place we had yet to try.  The verdict?  The ice cream is definitely award worthy.  Though the portions are a bit much!  And they play the funnest (I know, not a word, but it totally applies here, I promise.) old-school music, which gave it such a great vibe.  We will definitely be back.  Most likely with visitors in tow.



All in all, Saturday was one of the best days of the past year, and I look forward to spending many more adventurous years with my husband.  I can't wait to see what the next year will bring for us!