Healthy Potato Salad Recipe

If you're like me, you enjoy a good potato salad at any summer BBQ you attend.  But a salad that tastes that creamy and delicious must have a down side, right? The ugly truth? There is a lot of mayo in that potato salad, and quite frankly I thought there was no other way to replicate that tasty flavor of this time honored classic for upcoming summer BBQs.  Until I remembered a (fake) chicken salad recipe I made a few months ago.  I had used Greek yogurt in place of mayo.  Was it possible?  Had I found a solution that might allow me to enjoy this tasty treat a bit more? And guilt-free?  Well, as we were invited to a BBQ at our friend's new pad tonight, I decided to give it a whirl.

The result?  Heaven.  Tastes just like the potato salad of summers past.

The only problem with sharing my "recipe," is that I very rarely actually measure things.  I just add a little of this and a little of that, until I get it just right.  So please take my "measurements" with a grain of salt (ha, not literally!) and do the trusty taste test as you go through the recipe.


Ingredients:

12 small organic red potatoes, diced (I leave the skin on for added nutrients!)
8 eggs, boiled
10 strips soy bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups organic greek yogurt (make sure it's a 0% fat variety. I like Fage)
3 tbsp fresh, chopped organic dill 
3 tbsp organic dijon mustard (make sure it's a healthy one!)
pepper to taste

Instructions: 


Boil potatoes until tender, rinse and allow to cool. Boil eggs, allow time to cool before peeling and chopping. Combine remaining ingredients before adding potatoes and eggs. Mix well and add the bacon crumbles just before you serve. Enjoy!

Easy peasy!

This is a great way for vegetarians to add protein to a meal that would otherwise miss out on this much needed element.  You can leave out the soy bacon if you prefer, as I think it would be just as tasty without it. 

Let me know if you try it out, I'd love to hear what you think!

Do Brits like potato salad? Is it common there?  Maybe I'll google it...