Sustenance Sunday

As I mentioned before, this girl loves a good old-fashioned tradition.  So when it comes to English afternoon tea, this is no exception.  I love the idea of sitting down to a proper tea every afternoon.  And if that proper tea could be a "cream tea," even better.

I literally force Chris and his family to take me for an English Cream Tea every time we are back in England, but apparently I never pause long enough to snap a photo before inhaling my scone, because in browsing back through past England photos, I can't find a single photo of our cream tea adventures!

I found this adorable photo so that you can at least get a better visual of my obsession.  


Yum!  Fresh scones topped with clotted cream and preserves, to be enjoyed with a nice, creamy black tea. Also known as heaven.  If you ever visit England, or if you are lucky, an English tea room in your local town, give this delectable treat a try.  I promise you won't regret it.  

Now, who wants to play "mother?"

"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour devoted to the ceremony of afternoon tea."
-- Henry James